14.5.09

TUATARA TRUST

Our Inquiry topic this term is ‘Sharing the Planet’.

Kahikatea syndicate are investigating endangered species. Our rich task is:
Select an endangered ‘living thing’ that exists in NZ and design a habitat in which it could thrive.

Room 14 are researching tuatara to find out what sort of habitat they could thrive in. We were very lucky to have Louisa Paul from Spinyback Tuatara Trust come and talk to us. She told us a lot about the tuatara and we even got to hold a tuatara skin. Pretty cool!
Kia ora Louisa.



4 comments:

  1. Hi Class

    I have spent three days at home now and I am really missing you all.When did that lady come in? I tried a trick with water, peper and dishwashing liquid. Try this:
    1. put some water in a bowl and sprinkle peper on it.
    2. put a litte dishwashing liquid on your finger.
    3.dip your finger into the bowl.
    4. watch what happens!

    From Oscar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I can't believe you got to hold a piece of Tuatara skin!!! That is amazing!
    Bet you learnt lots from Louisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tuatara is not a lizard becouse it has no eres.I leant a lot today helen about the tuatara. I love being in room 14 and I love my topic.

    from Jay

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear helen, I have got tux panit on my compyoter.I panit a tuataras habitat. I had
    grass a light durt and a tuatara.



    from jay.

    ReplyDelete